Starsider-High Council

in Here is your first Forum Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:46 pm
by No name specified • ( Guest )

Hello there and welcome, we have all been trying to form a sort community that will bind us all together. By forming a High Council that will allow us to commincate between Jedi Rp groups and guilds we can expand our RP events, ideas, reconition ceremoines (Knight, Masters ceremonies ect) and allow others to experience more Jedi Master and Padawan experience then ever. So with that I ask for any further ideas and everything else.

Last edited Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:10 pm | Scroll up

RE: Starsider-High Council

in Here is your first Forum Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:52 am
by Anethi • 4 Posts

Thinking... thinking...

Scroll up

in Here is your first Forum Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:45 am
by Ahavah • 1 Post

Hi Guys,

I am not clear on the function/role of the high council. When I played on Sunrunner the Jedi guild I was in used the council like a popularity contest. They were a little clique of friends, mostly non-role players and they took their positions way too seriously. In fact it was so bad it broke up the guild. Overall the most important thing is that nobody on the council gets a big ego and starts thinking that in r-l they are somehow better than everyone else because in a game they are top dog. I guess I am a little nervous how this is going to work. Have you come up with ideas for what role the council members are going to have and what powers they will have within the guild?

-Ahavah

Scroll up

in Here is your first Forum Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:01 pm
by Olake • 1 Post

Right now on Starsider has about 10-15 RP guilds with a small population. LIGHT, DFNDR, JEDl, TNJO, -TJO- the list goes on. It's very difficult to have a wide variaty in RP if you have around 30 people in the guild. The goal behind this is to combine our numbers to create a larger base for us to roleplay off of. The high council positions would probably be the guild leader, or the grand master of your council. Another reason this would be a good is there are a few people that play in GTM time zones, this would give a larger base so that those people would be able to play with each other. I had an idea on how to solve the Council issue you are talking about. The grand masters of the orders, or the person voted to lead the guild would be on the High council. Each guild would form its own little enclave in which there ranking system wouldnt change.

Scroll up

in Here is your first Forum Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:36 am
by Anethi • 4 Posts

I'm glad you brought up your experience with back on Sunrider. But as far as your question goes, no there hasn't been anything assigned within JEDl's ccouncil simply because there are those on the council simply because I needed the help. However as JEDl grows, so will the coucnil and with the growth the more room I will have to assign differnt duties to each coucnil member. But right now that's still a ways up the road. But like always I encourage ideas and ects' So with anything you have, share it. Now as far as the High Council goes, I know O'lake has expressed his thoughts on having a High Council Grandmaster. With in mind, this person would nmerely be the figure head and who would open the floor for discussions and who wold also break any tie in decision as one may arrise.
On note, there will eb elections to choose new a HCGM, The way this works is that each group leader or guild leader will have two advocates from there own orders and the leaders along with there advocates may vote for there own or for others. In this it is the hope that will keep fresh and new ideas coming in. However, slecting a HCGM atm is a very unwise way to go unless it's going to me lol

Scroll up

in Here is your first Forum Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:09 pm
by Eruva • 2 Posts

This idea sounds like what i first experienced on radiant back some years ago before everything i knew changed. the clans that were involved with the council each had a council building built in their respective cities and each weekly meeting would take place at a different building, sometime it took place at that enclave on yavin, but those were special occations. one time a GM logged on as Luke Skywalker and came to one of our council meetings and gave us all badges and thanked us for reviving the jedi order.

Scroll up

in Here is your first Forum Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:20 am
by Lucinam • 1 Post

GM run events could be fun. I have been to one or two in my time playign this game. On chilastra, I'm not sure of Odwan may have been there or not. We did have a nice sized event centered around the Light Jedi enclave. Palpatine arrived, and declared he was planning to accept the new Jedi order formally into the empire. Then the enclave was swarmed by emperor's hands. I remember being two rows out from the center, and guarding two Padawans from the onslaught. Once the fight was over isnide, there were more troopers, hands, and AT-ST's outside. Never had so much fun dying.

Scroll up

in Here is your first Forum Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:58 am
by Anethi • 4 Posts

Sounds really carazy!!! Yeah it would be nice to irganize an event and I know Vlock, of 'Sith has been begging me for one... Any Ideas?

Scroll up

in Here is your first Forum Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:23 am
by Asel • 1 Post

Wouldn't it make sense as well to message Imperial alligned RP guilds as well? It seems to me the Jedi's role would be one that responds inbalance in peace.
As for actual ceremonies, I think a monthly (weekly would be better xD) meeting of all high ranking light-side members as say the Jedi Enclave would make for both a good rp experience, and an ability to discuss subjects posted here. Of course, everyone should be invited so they can hold their own meetings and mingle with our guilds, listen to the master's discussions, spar, etc.
Just an idea xD

Scroll up

in Here is your first Forum Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:49 pm
by kelnozzwindrunner • 1 Post

i am going to be doing rp classes soon but first i want to find out what time is best for the majority of the guild

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: geeta200147
Board Statistics
The forum has 546 topics and 555 posts.